Waxing is a process of hair removal from the root using warm wax. The wax adheres to the body hair and is stripped using special wax paper pulling the hairs from the follicle. The new hair normally takes 4-6 weeks to regrow depending on the individual.
Almost any area of the body can be waxed, including eyebrows, face, bikini, legs, arms, back, abdomen, knuckles and feet.
Contraindications: the following factors are known to make those who are waxed prone to “skin lifting” where the top layer of the skin comes away during the waxing treatment, and can cause in growing hair and minor bleeds.
- Taking blood-thinning medication
- Taking drugs for autoimmune diseases such as lupus
- Taking steroids (prednisone)
- Psoriasis, Eczema or other chronic skin condition
- Recent sunburn
- Recent constructive or cosmetic surgery
- Recent laser treatment
- Severe varicose veins
- Rosacea or very sensitive skin
- Cold sores
- Recent surgical peels, microdermabrasion or chemical peels
We do 3 different types of bikini waxing:
- Basic wax - sides and minimal top
- Hollywood wax - all hair including back
- Brazillian wax - all the front only
We use the Hive Hot wax for our bikini waxing as the areas are very sensitive.